photoked

You could lose your spirit to the wind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

come ON, man!



Mos,

Why would you cancel on me and the rest of Denver? Haven't we been faithfull fans? Didn't we help The New Danger go big? Didn't we rock out wichar cocks out when Black Jack Johnson threw down shit that even we weren't ready for?

Is it because me and my two brothers like to joke about how Denver's African American population jumps a full 1.7% from 4.6% when they come into town? Imagine if all your entourage AND my kin came into Denver all at once. You'd probably end up helping out the Po' by giving them a little bit of OT. Fuck knows we shit-kickers can panic a little bit when anyone not white starts strolling our way. It's not my fault that lady just clutched her (gucci) sac a little tighter when you announced your gig. She's just trying to make her way to Tiffany's and felt a little faint with those big heavy doors barring the 'undesireable' in good ole CC.

I don't even know why I'm ranting about this. I'm a white male american. I have the world by the tail and it's running towards a fat bag of life opportunities. But you know what? I'm gully too. No I didn't grow up in Brooklyn. I had my dirty little hood in Phoenix and that was enough for me. I have never been really persecuted for the color of my skin except when trying to make friends with my own neighborhood. Is it fair and equal? Hell no. Does this have to do with anything? Probably not. I just don't like not being able to go support one of my favorite artists of all time and I'm a little bitter.

Please come back soon. If possible, fuck ticketmaster and do it indy-style. You can play in my backyard if you want to. The grass is pretty green right now and the weather is perfect. Or I can even drive you and the band up to Red Rocks for an impromptu show. I'll pack a cooler and shit.

Just don't cancel again. By the way, the new single is hot. Thanks. Get at me next time you need album art, though. I'm here to help.

Respectfully,
pK!

But dog, Not to def, I'm not impressed
I'm not amused, I'm not confused, I'm not to dude
I'm grown man business, and I am not in school
Put your hand down youngin' this is not for you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home